Wednesday 8 May 2013

Dragon Update

Not long left now, and I'm just posting up a quick update on the dragon animations. I've restructured the claw attack a lot, and I think it works a lot better like this. The attack is anticipated better, and it has greater energy now. The end needs a bit of tweaking, as the first flap feels very unnatural. This is close to done though, a few tweaks and another pass at the tail and I'll call it finished.



At the suggestions of our tutors, we have added a big dragon to the end of the summer level, to act as a level boss. This means we need a few new animations, and fortunately a few people have agreed to take on a couple more. I've taken on the death animation for this big dragon, and I've been playing around with it. Here's what I have so far:


I like the feel of it, though I need to play with the timing and the weight of it. There's some jerky movement in the wings as well at the start that needs to be ironed out. Overall, its a little melodramatic and Shakespearean, but I think from the low front angle it should put across the size to the player.

No comments:

Post a Comment